Friday, June 27, 2008

Japanese Farewell

As I write this entry, I am safely back at home in the United States after 24 hours of traveling. The date line thing got me again. This time, I left on Thursday and after a whole day of traveling arrived back home on Thursday.

I wanted to leave you with this last image of Japan. There is an old tradition in Japan that everyone waves when departing.

If you have any doubt about the warmth of the Japanese people, look closely at this picture. As we pulled away in our bus, most of the staff of the hotel took time away from their busy schedules to wish us a safe farewell. (Forgive the bluriness of the picture. The bus was moving.)

I hope that some of you will get the chance to experience this warmth for your self one day by visiting Japan.

3 comments:

Heather Huston said...

Welcome back. I hope it was a great trip. Lots of great posts. I hope the students appreciated the information and participated actively. I still owe you a DVD...coming soon!

Hustonian

Mark Dickinson said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the blog. It was a terrific trip. I hope all is well in Washington.

Megadyne said...

This is so much more touching in light of whats been going on there with the tsunami and all.